Tea-Coffee

  • INR 40000
  • USD 700
Subscribe Now

Annual Review

Coffee Global Scenario

Coffee is mainly produced in Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, in addition to African Countries such as Ethiopia, Uganda, Honduras, Castalia, Peru etc. alongside Asian nations like Vietnam, Indonesia and India. With respect to crop year of 2012-13, total coffee production was to the tune of 145 million bags (60kg each), of which Arabica production accounted 59%, while Robusta contributed the remaining 41%. In terms of world production in 2012-13, Brazil ranked highest, accounting for 35% of global coffee production, followed by Vietnam (15%), Indonesia (9%), Columbia (6%), Ethiopia (6%), and India (4%). Domestic coffee consumption in Brazil increased at a CAGR of 3.6% in the past four crop years from 2008-09 to 2012-13, while that in India grew at a CAGR of 5.1%.

Impact Analysis

  • Coffee to register a higher consumption growth compared to tea …

    Demand for tea in India has remained consistent as tea is being consumed in over 90% of the households as an integral part of the daily routine......

    + Know More

Agri Products Coverage

Related Reports

Get Alerts

To receive CARE Research publications and alerts.

Register Now >>